You’ve mastered Alerting Fundamentals and want to know more about alerting? Join this highly practical and engaging session where we delve deeper into how to move beyond basic alerts to implementing an effective alerting strategy, and create alerts which surface issues that are important to you, and get routed effectively to relevant teams or tools.
With scenario based labs, you’ll create specific policies and conditions for typical use cases across the full stack, use tags to dynamically target entities, leverage powerful NRQL alerts, and manage alerts for downtime or maintenance scenarios.
The format of this session will include best practices, challenge based labs and activities, and takeaways you can immediately apply to your accounts, or your requirements.
Agenda and Labs
- Effective Alerting strategies
- SLO’s, SLA’s and Thresholds
- Use Cases and labs:
- Alerting on SLA’s
- Alerting on variable performance -Dynamic Baseline Alerting
- Using tags to dynamically target Entities
- NRQL Alerts; Outlier detection, and other use cases
- Lab: Alert on Multiple issues (Static),
- Lab: Alert on Synthetic performance (Dynamic),
- Lab: Alert on Outlier behaviour (Outlier - Facets)
- Notifying the right team: Channels, Test Channels and Webhooks
- Alerts and Dashboarding
- Managing Alerts and Conditions
- REST API and Muting Rules