Check your understanding with our Fundamentals knowledge quiz.
[Self Paced] Fundamentals
This foundational course requires no pre-requisite knowledge. It walks through basic concepts of the modern web, the purpose and value of monitoring and observability, how monitoring and observability is carried out in modern applications, and how an observability platform like New Relic can drive business success.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify high-level trends, tools, and vocabulary used in modern web architecture.
- Describe common challenges of maintaining modern web architecture.
- Explain definitions, use cases, and key differences between monitoring & observability.
- Know when and how to use each telemetry data type (Metrics, Events, Logs, Traces).
- Define the core components and steps of observability, and how they’re implemented in an observability platform.
- Explain how an observability platform organizes telemetry data in an actionable way that drives business success.